|State Senator Claire Celsi (D-Sen. Dist. 21)|
addresses the WHO meeting attendees March 19, 2019
|NBSD Officer, Sgt. Scarlett reviews the monthly incident|
report with attendees at the March 19, 2019 WHO meeting
|WHO Board of Directors, elected at the annual meeting March 19, 2019|
President - Phil Kreznor
Vice President - William Strong
Secretary - Jeanne Astor
Treasurer - Ben Berger
(3) At-Large - Lyla Dozier, Ryan Francois, and Carol Lewis
1. Some like the educational opportunities provided at the monthly meetings.
2. Many want a safe community, and want the organization to help ensure safety.
3. An attendee who has been with the organization a long time, thinks it's great to see younger people get involved. Neighbors should call or otherwise contact leaders of the organization to let people know what’s going on. And also be encouraged to call city leaders like Councilman Josh Mandelbaum.
4. Some newer folks are looking forward to getting to know more about the neighborhood… both the good and the bad.
5. Some people are still here after all these years.
6. Some attendees enjoyed observing the proceedings.
7. Many were ready to be done with this tough Winter.
8. Several brought up communication, maybe focusing on door-to-door neighbor engagement to spread the word about the Woodland Heights Organization.
9. One neighbor will soon be celebrating 50 years or living in the neighborhood.
10. Some folks also work in the neighborhood. They want people feel welcome and safe. And want home values to stay strong. And have good architecture for new construction and rehabs. They want to see continued investment in the neighborhood and connections strengthened with commercial, business, and Ingersoll. Have more dialogue between residents and business.
11. Organization leaders are excited to help out and want to be accessible to membership.
12. Some think the neighborhood is great it’s interesting to see how the organization works.