|Neighborhood Based Service Delivery (NBSD) Unit Officer, Sgt. Yanira Scarlett answers Woodland Heights Neighbors' questions at the town hall neighborhood meeting at Scottish Rite Park Sept. 18, 2018|
Approximately 20 neighbors attended the meeting. The following came directly from the town hall:
Questions, comments, concerns, goals, and ideas from neighbors:
1. Idea: Collaboration with North of Grand neighborhood
2. Concern: Gentrification of Woodland Heights neighborhood
3. Goal: Increase Scottish Rite Park resident engagement with WHO
4. Question: How do we differentiate WHO and our neighborhood from other neighborhoods and associations (specifically North of Grand)
5. Comment: WHO provides a good way to find out what's going on in the neighborhood
6. Idea: Working on housing issues in Des Moines (Bridging the Gap)
7. Question: Does Airbnb work in neighborhood?
8. Concern: Rents are going sky high
9. Concern: Make sure landlords keep rental housing stock in fair condition
10. Concern/Question: Is someone sleeping in Chamberlain Park and causing disturbance?
11. Question: What is the best thing for neighbors to do if homeless are in Chamberlain Park after-hours?
12. Idea: Joppa is a group that helps with homelessness in Des Moines
13. Comment: Can use neighborhood meetings to learn what's happening in Woodland Heights
14. Comment: Welcome to new neighbors!
15. Question: Aren't we happy that home values are increasing?
16. Concern: 8 reported auto accidents on Woodland in 2018 year-to-date
17. Idea: Increase amount of 'no parking' space near 24th and Woodland
18. Idea: Investigate making 24th Street 1-way between Woodland and Center